Monday, April 14, 2014

Review of Body by Victoria Eau de Parfum by Victoria's Secret


Hmm.. what can I say about Body by Victoria?
The site description is:
"Treat the body you love to a refreshing new scent from the iconic Body By Victoria namesake collection. With luminary notes, this intimate and airy fragrance now comes in a gorgeous bow-adorned bottle. One of our most sought-after and loved fragrances, this scent dresses the skin in a fresh blend of crushed leaves, freesia and water hyacinth."
  • Fragrance type: Fresh
  • Notes: Crushed leaves, freesia and water hyacinth
  • 50 ml/1.7 fl oz
  • 100 ml/3.4 fl oz
  • Domestic
$52 - $68

The Back
Packaging and Bottle
Well for me the best part of Body by Victoria was the bottle, other than that it was a flop. I hated it.

Body by Victoria
Body by Victoria, cap off.
Going by the description from the site you'd think this would smell young and fresh, and sexy, right?

Wrong.

For me this defiantly did not smell "refreshing", "airy" or "fresh".
For me it smelled like the opposite. It was heavy and musky and VERY old ladyish.
It was a very heavy floral scent and both me and my fiance hated it. 

Closeup, Body by Victoria
The smell literally made me think of an old lady in a coffin. 

I tried to wash it off my wrist after with soap and water and it lingered even then.

The bottle is very beautiful though.

Verdict: LOVE the bottle, HATE the scent.

Verdict: LOVE the bottle, HATE the scent.

Verdict: LOVE the bottle, HATE the scent.

I don't get how this could ever be "One of [their] most sought-after and loved fragrances..."

Any lovers out there? 

Did you hate it too?


No comments:

Post a Comment