Thursday, March 27, 2014

Swatch and Review of Hard Candy Ombre Lipstick in "764 Courageous"


One of the new additions from Hard Candy's Spring 2014 releases.
See my review of Hard Candy's Cheeks & Balances Highlight & Contour Cheek Duo here


Hard Candy Ombre Lipstick in "764 Courageous"
These are available in 10 shades. I got mine from my local Walmart for $6.

You scroll the makeup up by turning it.
Oh no! More of that nasty Saran Wrap packaging! :o
I'm a nut for pretty packaging, and I like the pretty metallic but I was disappointed with the packaging Hard Candy used. With this type of packaging dirt ends up building up underneath the edges and the wrapping ends up geting all wonky. Not only do I end up tearing off the plastic because it's unsightly, it's not hygienic.

Not a lot of product lol
I really hate this formula, I wanted to like it. I really did, but it's melty and has the staying power of mascara in a tsunami, yeah that bad lol. This formula also dries out my lips, which, admittedly, isn't that hard to do haha.

The Swatch
My first attempt
First did it wrong because I did the darker color on the inside of my lip.

There, that's better.
Now on my second attempt it looks better but don't even think about moving your lips, let alone eating or drinking with them. This formula is so melty it slides right off.

My lips dried off and the color faded about an hour after I applied it.

Honestly I'd rather use my better lipsticks and apply it with a brush. More time consuming but you get better color payoff and longer wear time.

I dislike this product. I wouldn't recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment